To create an FTP account:
- Enter a username.
- In the Password box, type the account’s password.
- Remember to use a secure password. A secure password does not contain dictionary words, and includes letters, numbers, and symbols.
- For help generating a strong password, click the Password Generator button.
- Retype the password in the Password (Again) box.
- Specify the FTP account’s home directory.
- The Directory field defines the top level of directory access that will be granted to the new account. For example, an account with a Directory assignment of /$dir will not be allowed to access the / (root) directory; however, it will be able to access /$dir and all of its subfolders.
- Set the disk space quota. The Quota field determines how much disk space will be allocated to the FTP account.
- Click Create FTP Account.
If you have trouble uploading files via FTP, you may need to adjust the quota to allow more disk space for your account.
Note: You will not be able to exceed the disk space quota allocated by your hosting plan. If you are currently using the maximum disk space allowed by your plan, you may need to upgrade your hosting account or delete old or unused files.
Upon creation, the new account should be displayed in the list below. This list contains 4 functions for existing accounts. You can:
- Change a password.
- Adjust a quota.
- Delete an account.
- Configure an FTP client.